Your Guide to Dental Implants
Restore Your Smile With Our Hewitt Dentists
Dental implants are the only permanent, natural-looking solution for missing teeth. A single implant consists of a titanium post, a small connecting piece called an abutment, and a stunning porcelain crown.
If you’re missing multiple teeth or a full arch, we can also use implants to secure a set of customized dentures. No matter how many teeth you’re missing, our dentists can provide a solution that restores your smile and improves your health.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants provide several benefits that other tooth replacements can’t match, including:
- Natural appearance
- Restores chewing function
- Secured to your jaw
- Easy to maintain
- Never removed
- Prevents jawbone deterioration and shifting teeth
- Can last a lifetime with proper care
The Dental Implant Process
Getting dental implants is a three-step process that’s typically completed over the course of several months. The three steps include:
- Initial Consultation — During this meeting, one of our dentists will evaluate the state of your oral health to determine if implants are the best option for you. They’ll also answer any questions you have about your treatment.
- Implant Placement — One of our dentists will place the titanium implant directly in your jaw and protect the surgical area with a temporary crown or flipper. This begins the three to six month healing period, during which your implant fuses with your jawbone in a process called osseointegration.
- Final Restoration — After your jaw is fully healed, you can return to our office for your customized restoration. Whether you choose a single crown or full-arch dentures, your smile will remain healthy and beautiful for many years to come.
Dental Implant Candidacy
If you want a solution that looks and functions like your natural teeth, dental implants could be the right treatment for you. When you visit us for a consultation, one of our dentists will determine if you’re an immediate candidate for implants.
If you suffer from jawbone deterioration or gum disease, you’ll likely require a supplemental procedure before you can qualify for implant surgery. The most common of these treatments are bone grafting and soft tissue augmentation.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do dental implants last?
The titanium implant fixtures are extremely durable and can last a lifetime with proper care. While your crown or dentures will eventually need to be replaced, they can last ten to fifteen years if you maintain excellent oral hygiene.
How do you take care of your dental implants after the procedure?
You can maintain your implants just like your natural teeth, with daily brushing and flossing along with regular trips to the dentist. Avoid using a hard-bristled toothbrush or any toothpaste brands that contain abrasive ingredients.
Are dental implants safe?
If you’re a candidate for the procedure, dental implants are the safest and healthiest way to replace missing teeth. All of our dentists are highly experienced and well-qualified to place your implants.
Does my insurance cover my dental implants procedure?
Most insurance plans classify dental implants as a cosmetic treatment and will only cover a portion of the total cost. If you’re concerned about affordability, we offer convenient financing options to help you pay for treatment.
What do I do in the event of a complication with my dental implants?
If you experience any issues with your implant, call our office right away. Don’t attempt to fix the problem yourself, as this can result in further damage.
Visit Central Texas Dental Care for Dental Implants
If you want to live unrestrained and smile with total confidence, dental implants could be the solution you’ve been looking for. Call our office in Hewitt at (254) 666-1686 and schedule an implant consultation with one of our dentists today.