Same Day Dental Implants
Restore Your Smile in One Appointment
Dental implants are a permanent solution for missing teeth that have made it possible for millions of patients to smile again. While their effectiveness is widely agreed upon, some patients have a problem with the three to six months required for your implant fixture to fuse with your jaw after surgery.
If you want to restore your smile without investing months of your time, same day dental implants are the ideal treatment solution for you.
Comparing Same Day and Traditional Implants
Same day dental implants, also known as immediate load implants, are nearly identical to traditional implants. The only difference with this method is that Dr. Sager can attach your restoration immediately after your implant is placed.
This is possible because we skip the dental lab and create your restoration right here in our office. By doing so, we eliminate the long recovery period that follows traditional implant surgery, allowing you to spend less time in the dental chair and more time enjoying your beautiful new smile.
Benefits of Same Day Implants
Same Day implants offer a variety of benefits that traditional implants can’t match. Some of these include:
- Speed — By attaching your restoration immediately after implant placement, we condense a process that typically takes months into just one short visit.
- Only One Surgery — Patients appreciate the fact that only one surgery is required for this treatment, minimizing your anxiety and reducing the risk of complications.
- Gums Adapt Quickly — Because your replacement tooth is attached to the implant right away, your gums will grow around it to create a more natural-looking restoration.
- Instant Smile — Thanks to same day implants, you won’t have to wait several months for your restoration. Instead, you can show off your stunning new smile from the moment you leave our office.
The Stability of Same Day Implants
Since they don’t have time to integrate properly with your jawbone, you may be wondering if same day implants are stable. The answer is yes, and the secret behind this is the initial placement of the implant.
Through a combination of experience and advanced technology, Dr. Sager ensures that your initial placement is secure, so you won’t have to worry about your implant coming loose or sliding out of place.
Candidacy for Same Day Implants
Much like traditional implants, you need plenty of jawbone density and healthy gums to support same day implants. If you suffer from jawbone deterioration or gum disease, you’ll likely have to undergo one or more supplemental treatments to prepare your mouth for same day implants.
Visit Central Texas Dental Care for Same Day Implants
If you want to restore your smile as quickly as possible, same day dental implants are the solution you’re looking for. When you visit Dr. Sager for your initial consultation, he’ll thoroughly examine your smile to determine if this treatment is right for you. He’ll also explain the process in detail and answer all of your questions.
So why wait any longer? Contact our practice in Waco and schedule a consultation with Dr. Sager. In no time at all, you can enjoy the healthy, attractive smile that you’ve always wanted.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I get an extraction and dental implant on the same day?
Yes, it is possible to get a tooth extracted and a dental implant placed on the same day. During your initial consultation, one of our dentists will determine whether you’re a candidate for immediate placement or if you require a supplemental procedure. If a porcelain crown or dental bridge is placed on an immediate implant, it’s still considered immediate loading — even if it’s completed two weeks after your extraction.
What are the benefits of same-day implants?
There are a number of advantages when choosing immediate same-day dental implants. The many benefits include:
- Complete your smile in just one visit
- Reduces wrinkles due to bone loss
- Look and feel like natural teeth
- Eliminates the need for a bone graft
- Less recovery time, faster healing period
- Affordable treatment option